Monday, September 19, 2005

School Etc.

So, week 2 and half of week 3, I ended up slacking more than I really cared to in one of my classes, so this week is the official "GET ON THE FREAKIN' BALL, MAN!" part of my life for this class. I'd like to say that how busy I was got in the way, and I'm sure it did once or twice... but that would probably be out of say.... 500. Anyways, I have the time during the day, (between my classes and such), to get on it. So that's what this week is going to be all about for me.... maximization of the time that I have. I'll let you know if it works or not.

In other news I gave a talk at crusade last Thursday. And I think that it went really really well. My talk was on relationships that we have with non-beleivers. I heard that I was really passionate about it while speaking which is something that I really wanted to convey. Too much of crusades membership is on the hang out with Christians all the time and do evangelism in an outreach or whatnot. I wanted to shift their focus. I think that I did. The way that we live our lives will show non-beleivers what our life, and for that matter, life in general is all about. I just wanted to let people know that we should be spending our time with those who need a physician and not as much with the healthy. Not to say that our relationships with other Christians are not valuable, but in a way since you have the common ground of God less time should be needed to connect on a deeper level and that would be the most time consuming part of any new friendship. Either way I really have a heart for those who do not know Christ and simply want to share love with them. The kind of love that God showed me.

Which brings me to another topic... sort of. The bible says that there is no greater love that to lay down your life for a friend (paraphrase), and since Jesus layed down his life for all even the sinners and those who hated him what does that say about God's love for us. I don't know why, but I've always thought that this would be an easy thing to do. Maybe, because I have hope in salvation. But if I have no problem with laying down my life that one may live, why do I have such a problem with sharing the good news that one may live? Why is faith so hard to talk about? Why? I would like to think that I am not ashamed in what I believe but my actions speak volumes about my faith, for faith without works is dead. Anyways, what I'm getting at is that it has been so much easier this year for me to bring up spiritual matters. It feels like I'm finally starting to come into my own in my life with who I am in Christ. It's exciting! I'm not even close, by any means, to where I want/should be but I'm getting there and I like it.

Listening to... Disintegration - Jimmy Eat World
Currently Reading... Real Sex - Lauren F. Winner

P.S. Why is it that I find my new favorite song is a song about a disintegrating relationship when I just went though what I went through and feel great about my relationship now? I just think that it's humorous.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home