Monday, January 23, 2006

Someone's got a case of the Mondays....

Luckily it's not me.

So, I had to work again this last Sunday night, but it wasn't horrible. That might be because I did absolutely nothing. I sat around, watched football, and had a few beers. Talk about a hard night's work, right? Either way Jen and Adam showed up at the bar so I ended up staying once I was done and catching up a little bit with them. I hadn't seen Jen since sometime this summer so it was real nice to catch up with her and see how her life, post graduation, is going. As for Adam, the last time that I saw him was at a senior barrel last semester where we complained about materials science and how we need to just get out of it and we ended up playing the fun game called stuff as many things into the freezer as possible at someone's house we didn't know too well. Well as you know I switched it up into econ, and as I found out, Adam added Business Administration to his repertoire. Ah, the plight of those who rock at math and science and don't want to be engineers.

Anyways we got on to the topic of books because Adam was loaning The Kite Runner to Jen and I've read it, and would recommend it. So, he mentioned that he was reading A Million Little Pieces and that he is only halfway through it but is really enjoying it. So, I'm going to borrow it from him once he has finished it. I looked it up on Amazon and it looks like it has some very polarizing opinions so, I'm looking forward to it.

I was finally able to play in my first broomball game yesterday as well, and we lit up FYE 10 to 2. I had a goal, three or four assists and about a plus 7, so altogether you could say that I was kind of a big deal.

On Saturday I saw The Weather Man. It's a movie with Nicholas Cage and Michael Caine about their relationship as father and son, and Cage's role as an estranged father. It was a really good movie and I'll say that Michael Caine's character should be up for top movie father ever. It was a dramedy that really just worked... I don't really know how to put it other than that I was laughing hard at the same time as I really felt for the characters and what they were going through. Altogether a good movie.

I really need to do this more often so that I (a) don't' forget things and (b) don't just ramble on like this...

Currently Listening to... a bunch of random unreleased Page France songs.
Currently Reading... The Silver Chair by C. S. Lewis

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home