Monday, March 19, 2007

Halfway back

Well, I just got back from New Orleans on Saturday, but I'm not back up to snuff as I still have a raging cold that's knocked me flat. On the plus side it is better than it was yesterday.

I'll have a bunch to write on the trip in the next couple of days, as I don't think I'm going to write everything right now.


Right now I'll write of one Jenny Owen Youngs. We went out to Frenchman St. one of the nights that we were in NOLA and saw her perform. It was lovely. She was adorable and had the crowd in the palm of her hand the entire night. I highly recommend both fuck was i and voice on tape from her album. The highlight of the night coming at the end when she performed a stripped down acoustic version of Nelly's Hot in Herre. Absolutely hilarious.

Here's the thing. I want to write like that. I know that I can write well, at least when it comes to everyday events. Creatively, I'm just baffled. I don't know where to start. I don't know how to write as I know how to talk. I can hear melody in my head, but I can't make it come out of my guitar. I know that someday the guitar will output the melody's that I crave, but what I am not as sure of is my ability to write creatively. I know that it will come with practice, but it intimidates me. I don't want to start as I fear the result.

Currently Reading... Eve's Revenge - Lilian Calles Barger
Currently Listening to... Batten the Hatches - Jenny Owen Youngs

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home