Monday, January 30, 2006

Comics

So I've been on this reading kick of trying to average reading a book a week for this entire year but I don't know how I'm going to count comics in here. I think that some, like Black Hole , should count for sure. Others like the Fables series I'm not too sure about. And still others like Questionable Content are even more ambiguous. Any suggestions?

Rachel just sent me a few lists of top moderns books, top movies, and the like and I really want to go through the entire lists. Even the books that I have read and the movies I have seen before. There are so many books that I've read that I don't remember well and the like with movies. I'd just like to go through them.

Back to comics for a minute, or more specifically questionable content. This comic has really struck a cord with me and I definitely went through they're entire archives in a couple of days. It's way too funny for it's own good, as well as way to real for it's own good. I just see myself in it so many times. I like it. It's full of all kinds of indie references but don't let that deter you as it's still beyond hilarious if you know nothing about the indie music scene, so says my musically inept girl. (Strictly in a knowledge of different bands and whatnot sense that is.) Either way look and laugh and get addicted to it.

I've been listening to an absolute ton of Colin Meloy / Decemberists recently and I just cannot seem to get enough. I'm really falling in love with the poppy folkish kind of sound right now. It just sounds so true and bare and revealing and lovely.

Here's a question for you. Why was I so gifted in the sciences yet have this incomparable love for the arts? Not to say that I don't love the sciences either but, at least at this point in my life, the arts rule my heart. I guess that's weird coming from someone who goes to an engineering school but that's where I'm at. I would much rather listen to music and study it than do physics. I would much rather read a novel and look at it critically than figure out the percentage of pearlite in a microstructure. And on and on... Not to say that I'm upset with my current career choice, because I'm not. My passions just lie outside of that now. I don't know.

I can say one thing though... I love life.

Currently Listening to... Calexico | Iron and Wine - Live on NPR

Currently Reading... The Magician's Nephew

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home