Thursday, June 29, 2006

I'm Disgusting

You know how working out, i.e. going for a run, usually makes you feel better? No? Well it usually does for me. However, now all I can think of is how disgusting I have become. Not necessarily on the outside, because I look fine and all... but personally. I'm not quite sure if I have ever really been this out of shape and it really sickens me. I want to get back into shape, however one of my other lackluster qualities, sloth, has had other plans for me. Here's what I'm thinking though. A run everyday regardless of what else I do. I ran about 3.5, or according to mapquest 3.76, miles today and that's probably going to be about the minimum that I want to do. That will be one of the things. The other that may sometimes take it's place and may just be added right up on top comes from my basketball days. I have never been in better shape in my life than when I was playing basketball. I figure if I head up to the sdc and play for about 2 hours with sprints thrown in as well, 10 in 1's and suicide sprints, that should also help me to get into better shape. The main thing that is going to be the hardest about this is to form a habit of it. What's the saying? It takes a month to create a new habit. Something like that. Pray I have the discipline to keep it up. I need to be in better shape.

Superman Returns... should I see it? I'm not quite sold yet... but I'm thinking about it.

Along the getting in shape lines... anybody have a decent recipe for food that's decent for me?

The music review should be coming up in a couple of days in the comments of that post so watch out for it.

Currently Listening to... 50 Fine Lines - IGIF (compilation)
Currently Reading... The Cost of Discipleship - Dietrich Bonhoeffer
Ghost World - Daniel Clowes

4 Comments:

Blogger Dan said...

something delicious and nutritious... and imagine I'm saying it and saying eeeeous at the end of both words...

3:29 PM  
Blogger Dan said...

whole meal, meat involved side veggies, good for me.... does that help?

3:54 PM  
Blogger CallOfTheJourney said...

A month, huh? Interesting and handy factoid. I'm in the same boat as you with that, except I'm starting with more like 2 miles. :P

Have you ever read anything by Tom Robbins? I'm reading Skinny Legs and All right now, and I think you'd like it. If you ever need a book, let me know and I'd be happy to lend it to you, next time I see you anyway.

Also, I re-bookmarked your blog so this time I'll actually remember to check it regularly, so I won't be a stranger in the comments anymore. :)

1:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Everytime I get out of shape and decide to start up again I start a new sport. Perhapes this is why I now run, bike, and swim on a regular basis but am not great at any of them. I'm always impressed by my quick improvement from both learning the sport and from getting in shace. Maybe you should take up water aerobics, me and Steve wanted to take that class after watching the sessions before polo....

4:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home