Monday, April 24, 2006

so close i can taste it...

So I'm really ready to be done with school completely, but I guess that I'll have to wait another 8 months or so for that to actually be the case. I've got one final tonight, which should be a cake-walk, one that is a take home that doesn't seem like it should be too bad, and one on wednesday that I'm not too sure about yet, but shouldn't be too bad. Then the semester comes to a close. I'll head to Grand Rapids with Kurt tentitively on Thursday and spend some time with Rachel, then proceed to good ole' Action Heights. Then I'll get back to GR and see Rachel graduate and get back up to school for summer classes. That's the plan at least.

I'm excited for this summer. Carey and Kurt want to play a little bit this summer and Chris was possibly talking about coming up on the weekends and playing as well, so there will be a veritable cornicoupia of music for this summer. It'll be fun.

I've really been too busy to think lately. I feel like I'm just kinda trying to stay afloat with regards to life in general right now. And it's weird because it's not like I'm frustrated, and I know that I have more than enough time for everyting, I just feel like I'm way to busy to think, if that makes any sense. Hopefully time away from Tech will help to cure that a bit.

The extra-curricular reading has hit a lull as of late, but that's mainly because of school. I hope I'll be able to jump right back into it when I'm done with the semester. I've really enjoyed all of the reading that I've done so far this year, and it has definately been filling a void that I've been having in my life for quite a while.

One of the goals for this summer is really get good at guitar. I'm okay now and I can play most easier songs I come across, but I really want to take on some harder stuff and become good at singing and playing at the same time.

Another thing that I'm going to do this summer is to get healthy. And it'll go a little something like this. First, I'm cutting pop out of the diet. I'm drinking way too many energy drinks than I should. Secondly, get out and run at least three times a week. Third, lift at least three times a week. And fourth, just altogether eat a lot better. I just want to feel healthy again.

Currently listening to... Yeah Yeah Yeah's - Live on All Songs Considered - mp3
Currently Reading... The Cost of Discipleship - Dietrich Bonhoeffer

2 Comments:

Blogger CallOfTheJourney said...

Your summer plans are looking a lot like mine! You're still going to be up here in the fall, right? We'll totally have to jam some more. Good luck on that last final!

2:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

how far are you in "Cost"? I've been reading it too, but have puttered out a little over halfway through it.

ran across this quite substantial list of shared albums, thought you may be interested, but you most likely have already seen it

http://www.51mpc.com/share.htm

10:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home