Monday, March 20, 2006

Update!

Another week, another update.

I'm getting better at playing the guitar! I've felt like I was stagnant for quite a while now, but I'm starting to play some harder material and not completely butcher it. Well, it's harder for me at least. The song that I've been working on later is Shiny by The Decemberists. The chorus was killing me for the longest time, but I'm starting to get a handle on it. Yay!

The book project was kind of slowing a little this week, but that was to be expected as March Madness has begun. I'm relatively happy about my picks and devastated that Illinois went down already, as I had them winning it all... and they're Illinois. Other than that I'm doing well riding high on my Bradley and Witchita St. sweet 16 picks. In the facebook pool, I'm even sitting in 12th out of 841 people!

I went and saw V for Vendetta this past weekend. Uhhhhhhh... yeah. It was a movie that made me wish that I didn't read the book first, because then I probably would have appreciated it more. No FATE computer, no Evey slipping into prostitution and an even worse job by butchering the main point of the book. Where the book contrasted Fasicim and Anarchy. The movie turned it more into ruling through fear and Democracy. Sigh. Still it was fairly well done and fun to see.

Okay people stop it with the engagements already! What is up with this? I'm apparently way too old now. Thanks a lot birthday buddy, now you had to go and get yourself engaged. Now my only chance with you is through an illicit affair. But really, congrats Katrina. Soon I'm going to be the only one left... and I'm surprisingly fine with that, sorry Rachel.

School continues to go well this semester as I did well in my exam last week and I think that I did well on my exam today. One more to do well on tomorrow. It's kind of crazy but I do believe that as of this moment I'm averaging a 4.0. I think that might be a good bounce-back GPA don't you?

I still have no idea what I want to do this summer. The only option I really have on my plate right now is staying up here and cooking the summer. I really enjoyed last summer, but I'm not sure that I want to do that again. But, I don't know that I really have any other option. If anyone thinks of one let me know!

There are a few movies out right now, dvd that is, that I really would like to see. Good Night and Good Luck, Syriana, Copote, Everything is Illuminated, Lord of War, and Broken Flowers. I'm sure that there are more, but that's all that I could think of right now.

Currently Listening to... James Mercer (of The Shins)- Live 1-7-04
Currently Reading... Zadie Smith - White Teeth

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

here's a summer idea... SUMMER PROJECT! come to freiburg, germany with me... you'd have to get on it FAST, but it'd be soooooo fun, and also a great way for you to enlighten the little ones. i know 5 guys who are going as students, and i think you'd be their favorite dude ever... and they're pretty cool as well.
i know what you're thinking, what a marvelous idea, katie! where do i sign up? but seriously... you want to go.

12:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

excuse me while i laugh...

...ok, i'm back. i appreciate deeply that the above contributor felt lead to keep their identity anonymous yet revealed herself in the final lines of the comment.

splendid.

so i'm a friend jerk. totally forgot about your site here when you had an update drout last fall. good to see you're not in fact a hermit.

i lose.

i have a site here but i refuse to use it.

take that.

1:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

good night and good luck was really good, i thought. i want to see capote and broken flowers, too. fun note: one of the staff women at kent(http://100booksin2006.blogspot.com/), a senior goin' on staff next year, and i are kind of starting an "expand your horizons" movie club here, watchin' independant and foreign film. we'll probably need suggestions at some point...

oh, and i "bought" lost in translation by forgetting to return ot blockbuster for over a month... commies.

1:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home